Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hiatus

By the look of things... I've been on hiatus for close to two weeks now. Not a great way to keep people interested in what we have to say. So, for those of you that still like to follow... thanks. Pass the word along that I'm back, though it may be sporadic for the next couple weeks until things slow down a bit after Cindy's wedding.


What are a couple funny things that I wanted to write about?!?! Well, Nece met a robot- sort of. We were in Walmart one day last week- Nece was walking and Franny was riding. A lady stopped and asked how old Franny was. This was a lady that had one of those microphones because her vocal cords were shot. I don't know what they are called, but regardless... kind of robotic.


I answered, 10 months.

Nece looked at me and asked 'mom, is that how she talks?'


I said, Yes, Nece... that helps her talk

The lady was very patient, and she also piped in "This helps me talk"


Nece seemed good with this explanation and off we went. Fast forward a couple minutes.


Mom, I want to see the robot again.


What?


I want to see the robot lady again.


Oh Nece, she isn't a robot, she just needs a microphone to help her speak.


Oh, okay.


And about five minutes later, we saw the nice robot lady again, and I just prayed Nece didn't announce 'there's the robot'.


She didn't. A good teaching moment for mom, Nece and how to think on my feet quickly to address what is appropriate and what isn't.

====

Marc wanted his haircut one Sunday night after a LONG weekend. Now that I think about it, it was Father's Day, so he played the card of 'it's still my day, you have to.'


Okay. Girls are bathed, but not in bed yet. And oh how interested they were. We finally gave in and let Nece help cut dad's hair.



But, why do you want/need to know about this?

As I was going to get the camera to take this picture- all I heard was "No Nece, not on your hair, only daddy's.'

Whew!!! That could have been a close one- Nece with a partially shaved head less than one month before Cindy's wedding. Disaster averted.

====

This past weekend, mom and dad went on a much-deserved (if I do say so myself) long weekend to Countryfest. Four days of camping, drinking and concerts... a good time was had by all! We always look forward to the annual trip and can't wait til the next year. The girls started out at home with Grandma M, but they ended up at grandma's for the remainder of the weekend. From what I understand, Reggie didn't do too well with the rain, so they packed up and headed 2 hours south where the sun was shining! I'm sure a good time was had by all the kids enjoyed playing with their cousins.

Looking forward... there may very well be an announcement coming from our household (NO, we're are NOT having another baby). Will keep you in limbo until details are finalized this weekend. Couple more weekends of traveling, and by the end of July, we should be able to enjoy our summer weekends relaxing!

Thanks for following, and will try to update more regularly. Just know, it's a crazy busy time for us right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment