Thursday, October 1, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

Halloween is approaching and I'm stressing out! I know that Nece has definite opinions and if I don't include her in the costume decision she's going to buck the system and it's not going to be good.

I know in the back of my head, she wants to be a princess. This isn't too hard to figure out, considering we come home every day, she walks into her room and puts on the following: a crown, Cinderella or Tinkerbell skirt, red winter scarf, high heels (yes, high heels) and finally carries the wand around.

I wanted to use a nice warm, cozy Ladybug costume for Franny, but then thought it would be cute to coordinate the girls. So... I started on a quest to come up with something and chatted with friends. The BEST one I've gotten thus far is Dora and Boots. How cute would Franny be dressed up as a little monkey?!?!

So, I had the costume discussion with Nece this morning:
Mom, I want to be a princess and Franny too.
Do you think Franny should be Boots and you can be Dora?
No, mom… I be Cinarella and Franny wants to be Ariel.

Fast forward 5 minutes.
Mom… boots is a monkey.
I know Nece, should Franny be a monkey for Halloween and you can be Dora?
No mom, I told you. I be Cinarella and Franny be Ariel.

So... what to do? That is the question! I'm going to have a repeat of this conversation this evening. If I get the same answers, I know she's pretty serious, and will oblige! If we get different answers, I may do what I want to do and bring princess dress up clothes as a back-up on Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. What about the swimming lessons? You can't leave us hanging ... once you start on an adventure - ya gotta finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling you're not going to win this one . . . .

    ReplyDelete