Thursday, May 14, 2009

Packing

Do you ever feel like you live out of a suitcase? Well that's our life these days. Three trips to Chi-town in 3 1/2 weeks. And a busy summer of fun ahead for us!

Tomorrow afternoon, we're back to Chicago for Cindy's shower! Nece knows we're going back to grandma's because she likes to "help" pack. And Franny, she likes to "help" pack too.

I think I might have a little packrat on my hands. Like I mentioned before, we have to hug and kiss all the plastic animals every night. But, as I put her to bed tonight I looked around and am AMAZED she has a place to sleep in her bed. There are Little Pony's everywhere, dolls, dolls and more dolls, can't forget the books and my favorite of all... her makeup. Yes, she has my old makeup to play with... and there it was tonight, within the covers. And, how could I forget the pacifiers. 7 tonight. Yes, ridiculous. (she only gets them at night, and it's no longer a battle I feel like fighting... everybody assures me she'll give them up by the time she goes to kindergarten.)

So, back to packing. Next to impossible to pack with the help of the girls. Everything that is laid out, that's Franny's cue to pull it apart and I find myself refolding non-stop. Now, mind you I am NOT complaining at all. This is something Franny enjoys doing, and if it means she isn't wanting to be held or whining... I'm ALL OVER that! BTW- she is MUCH happier now that she's crawling all over the place.

And Nece- she has definite opinions about what she likes to wear. When we travel, I have more say about her choice of outfits, but I do let her "help" me. She gets to pick her PJ's, undies and socks. Sometimes, I even let her pick her t-shirts... I know, nice mom! Thanks. Back to the reason I digressed earlier about the packrat... not only do we have to pack our clothes, we have to bring random stuff, and I find myself going through the suitcase after bed to see what else I might find. Tonight- fruit snack wrappers (aka- garbage), a crumpled up picture and a dolls diaper. That stuff isn't traveling with us.

And tomorrow afternoon we're off to the airport. Let's all pray we have a good flight again. And then grandma and grandpa's for a long weekend to celebrate Marc and Cindy's upcoming wedding with our family! Should be a good time, and I'm sure we'll have something to talk about over the next four days!

And dad gets a free weekend, except they are ridiculously busy and he has to work ALL weekend again.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Wouldn't it be fun to be Octomom 3 years from now and try to pack a suitcase? I mean, all mental issues aside anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete