Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stall-masters

So, like I've mentioned I contemplated long and hard about starting a blog because I 'thought' we had so many funny things/stories to share on a regular basis. Well, now that the pressure is on, I don't have a ton to share... just my luck!

Mom, I wanna watch Mickey (7:30P).
Okay, which one? (we TIVO Mickey, so we've always got options, even though we choose the same one what seems like ALL the time)

Fast forward 25 minutes later...
Nece, it's bedtime.
Okay. (into the bedroom we go).

Mom, I need some water.
Okay. (off to fill the Little Mermaid cup)
Here you go, Nece... get into bed, it's bedtime.

Mom, I want to change my music.
Okay. What do you want to listen to tonight?
(is it going to be the McDonalds kids CD, or the bible music, or Mickey, or Strawberry Shortcake... one can only guess on a nightly basis.)
Nece, hurry up it's bedtime.

We're now in bed...

Mom, I want two books tonight.
No, Nece. it's late... only one. Which book do you want to read?
If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, Butterflies and Go Dog Go!

We now read If You Give a Cat a Cupcake.
And then Go Dog Go (so much for sticking to my guns and only reading one book.

Okay, Nece... its bedtime. Time to put your covers on and hugs and kisses.
Okay. Mom, I have to say goodnight to my animals. (mind you these are the plastic dog, cat, horse, cow, pig and something else).

Both mom and Nece have to now hug each one separately and say 'I Love You!'
Nece, it's bedtime, LAY DOWN.

Hugs, kisses. More hugs, kisses. I love you. Sweet dreams, see you in the morning!
And... we're done. Now it's off to Franny.

And Franny, that's a whole different story.
Let's play, let's talk, let's take a sip of the bottle, and let's play, let's talk and let's take another sip of bottle. It's a good night, if Franny is in bed at 8:30. And what do we do when it is bedtime...

Mom puts Franny to bed, and we listen to her scream bloody murder for about 5 minutes before she settles down, and falls asleep because she's so dead-dog tired since she's not taken much in the form of naps all day!

And where's dad?!?! Sometimes, he participates in the nightly ritual of stalling. But, more times than not... he's headed off to bed about 7:30 or so, because he's up around the 4A hour every day!

And that, my friends is the art stalling by the two little ones! Gotta love 'em, even though, it's seriously BEDTIME.

1 comment: