Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Swimming Lessons comes to an end...

So, last night was the last night of swimming lessons! Nece absolutely loves Tuesday nights with mom and going to swimming lessons. Every night as we'd hop out of the van and walk up to swimming lessons, she'd hold my hand, grin from ear to ear, hardly contain her excitement and tell me 'this is gonna be so fun, mom'!!!



She knew the entire process from hollaring at me while I drove "MOM... there it is".

We'd get out of the car, walk up to the doors and hit the handicapped buttons that were clearly marked "children should not play with these buttons".


Walk past the pool and I'd hear something like, "mom, there's the pool".


Down the stairs... as we held up others and she would typically tell everybody 'there are alot of stairs, or mom, we're going down the stairs'.


Into the locker room... that was always interesting. Very intrigued by all the old naked ladies, announced to everybody that 'my potty is coming out or I have to poop' to wanting her own cupboard (locker). Putting everything into the cupboard and off to the pool area we'd go.


Favorite games in the water were definitely motor boat, hokey pokey and running on the mat. They had a mat that helped the kids balance on the water and they could jump off it into our arms... LOVED that part of every evening.


After swimming lessons, we'd play in the water for awhile until she'd tell me that we're done, I have to go potty.

It only took me about five weeks to realize that I could've killed two birds with one stone and instead of 'rinsing off the pool water' and coming home to shower, we could just take a shower at the Community Center. Made life easier for me, and Nece liked taking showers there... it was something different.

Last night we received our "Certificate of Participation" and Nece was proud as a peach. It's hanging on her mirror in her bedroom. Better than the living room wall which was the first place she wanted to put it.

We talked a bit about do you want to go to swimming lessons without mommy, like the other big kids? And here is what I've been hearing for the past couple weeks, "Mom, one more time I go to swimming lessons with you, and then I go ALL by myself. I a big girl! You can drive me and I go all by myself."

So there you have it, Nece will move up to the next group and go to lessons on her own beginning in January! So, it's either 2 activites in the winter or just swimming lessons again, we haven't decided. The other option we're looking at is tumbling. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment