Monday, April 12, 2010

Celebrating Week of the Young Child!

Did you know there is a celebration of the young child and those that are important in their lives?  Neither did we... until a couple weeks ago when 'school' sent a newsletter home and let us know they had many fun activities planned for the kids, teachers, and parents this week.  Every day has a dress theme and every day is celebrating something different!

Monday
Today was Dress Your Best!  So, what did we do considering Nece insists on wearing a dress every day?  I struggled with how we were going to pull something off, and had planned on putting Franny in her Twins dress (home opener at Target Field... HUGE day up here for us).  Then Sunday night at dinner, daddy had a fantastic idea... and I was just hoping they truly meant dress your best, as the girls went to school dressed to the hilt!

We were able to reuse Auntie Cindy's flower girl dresses and let me just say, the girls were so proud and happy to be in them. (and yes, Nece had to put her own spin on the dress with striped tights and her sparkly shoes, I tried for plain white dress tights... not worth the fight).  And our activity today- Potluck!  Come have lunch with your kids!  Marc wasn't able to join us for lunch, but I did spend the lunch hour with the girls, lots of other kids and parents.  I could tell the girls were very happy and proud.  When Nece called me on her way home and told me "Mom, thank you for coming to lunch with me today, that was really fun!" I knew without a doubt the girls were absolutely proud and excited to have me there!

Here are a couple pictures from today!  Stay tuned to see what Tuesday has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment