Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where'd we go?



Last weekend was a busy, busy weekend... dad worked until 2:40AM on Friday night/Saturday morning and was back at work on Saturday by 8AM.  So... that meant is was 'girl time' on Friday and Saturday and did I have big plans for us ladies!
Friday night was date night.  We order pizza every Friday night, but since daddy wasn't home, we decided to have a date at Broadway and dined in!  Yes, I dined in with an almost 4 and almost 2 year old on my own!  We did fantastic, the girls enjoyed going "out to eat".  After dinner, we headed to Home Depot.  I knew this was going to be a stretch, but I HAD to get my flowers and my garden stuff in order to plant on Saturday and I KNEW it was going to be a zoo, so Friday night it was.  And how do I get full cooperation... well that's easy.  Bribery- we'll go to McDonalds for ice-cream if you girls cooperate.

Now, it was a tad stressful at Home Depot trying to get seeds, flowers, tomato cages, and whatever else we got while Franny insisted on not sitting in the cart, but standing up every time I turned my back.  And Nece wanting to 'go in there' non-stop (that's code for the greenhouse type things they have in the garden center in the parking lot).  The poor people around us had to listen to "sit down, no, come on, full cooperation, girls, good job, let's roll and 'mom, am I being good' for a good 45 minutes.  But, if I had attempted that on Saturday morning... it would have been a nightmare.

And I wasn't paying close attention to the time, and was reminded on our way home at 7:50 that we had to get ice-cream.  I did promise, and they were good, and it was a Friday, so I sugared them up at essentially bedtime.  It's all about creating memories, right?!?!  And as a lady at Home Depot said to me, when I looked at her and said it's all about creating memories, she laughed and said "I've been there, and its a trip you'll never forget, it'll be your memory."

Saturday morning... quick clean of the house and outside to plant the garden with my little ladies!  So, we did learn some things last year and made some adjustments this year... most noteably the location of the garden.  We'll see what happens.  And what did we plant?!?!
  • Corn
  • Sunflowers (4 footers)
  • Beans
  • Snap Peas
  • Beets
  • Onions
  • Cucumbers
  • Marigolds
  • and an Herb Garden that has Basil, Oregeno, Cilantro, Chives and Green Onions
And the pictures you've been waiting for:






And because it was an absolutely perfect day out, the girls had pizza in their house. 



And we finished out an absolutely perfect and beautiful day with a bonfire (yes, it's the same pictures from a couple weeks ago, but it's still our bonfire).

And Sunday, dad was home so we were able to tag team a bit. Errands were run, meals for the week planned, flowers planted, laundry finished and spent some time outside enjoying an absolutely perfect day playing with my little ladies.

This past week... no progress on the girls room.  80 degree and sun every day, which means evenings outside watering flowers, the garden and eachother; playing on the swingset with our friend Mya; visiting with the neighbors and taking a Wednesday evening to visit baby Ella.  I'm so mad at myself that I didn't have my camera on Weds evening as we met baby Ella, saw Avery, Amy and Jesse.  Nece LOVED holding the baby and the girls played so well together!  Amy, I know you read this, we need to get together sooner rather than later and I WILL have my camera with me next time.

And whats in store for this weekend... not exactly sure yet.  I do know its supposed to be another perfect weekend, and I do know there is some work to be done in my front flower beds, and a bedroom needs to be painted to keep the project moving and I toyed with the idea of visiting Grandma M for part of the weekend.  We'll just wait and see what happens and update you early next week.

I did miss a birthday in our house earlier this week... I'll do that post this weekend sometime!  Have a good one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment